Sunday 18 November 2012

What we read


I went to Barnes & Noble yesterday, a large bookstore chain with everything a book-lover could want and then some, in my local one there was no cafe unfortunately but I managed to spend quite some time there anyway. 

I decided to get some Christmas-presents for my friends and their kids, books are always great gifts and they don´t take too much space in the suitcase. Win-win. 

Then I´d thought I would treat myself to a glossy magazine. And off I went, there are shelfs upon shelfs with magazines, something for every taste you would think. But still. Why is it so difficult to find something that is perfect for me? I am in my thirties, new mum, likes interior, design, clothes, pretty pictures, interesting stories, technology, green/organic, business, architecture - and so on. The problem is that I have to choose! There is one magazine for fashion, or another for interior - or several actually, and they all tend to become a bit one-dimentional... 

I would like a smart, interesting, women magazine that would give me what I need - do you hear me out there? 


I ended up buying a magazine about Blogging - isn´t that ironic? It had the most nice and inspiring images. The blog world is where I find and "curate" my ultimate reading experience. I do understand that the world of printed text are struggeling to keep up, there are so many private bloggers that can do so much and reach out to so many people!

I guess it is the trend now, everybody is a photographer and a writer - it is so easy to do it and get it out to the world, I do feel sorry for the people who are trying to make a professional living out of it in these days.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment