Tuesday 29 January 2013

Anglophile & Francophile

An Anglophile is a person who is fond of English culture or, more broadly, British culture.

I have always loved England - and that goes for Ireland and Scotland as well; the people, the sense of humor, the villages, the countryside, London, culture etc. I lived in the UK when I met my husband, so that of course added to the positive feelings towards the country, and we are often thinking about going back and visit. Not sure about living there again though, but you never know!

Some pictures to illustrate what I mean, the lovely cottage from the film "The Holiday"

 And a pretty village

I have also got a strong fascination towards France and Paris especially, I have not lived there, but been several times. I have thought about maybe working there but not sure if my visualisation on how it would be is matching the reality of language troubles and byrocracy.. It is a very nice place to visit in any case - that is for sure!

Francophile (or Gallophile) is an individual who has a strong positive predisposition or interest toward the government, culture, history, or people of France.


I was reading my Parisian Chic book, as I am thinking about what I need to update my wardrobe with, when I return to work. I want to get some classic stuff with good quality, thinking basics like Tweed blazer, blouse, pants, cashmere sweater and maybe a proper suit. Pinterest is also brilliant for this and I am especially fond of this collection that I found there:  


I think I will find something in J.Crew as they seem to have nice classic stuff made of proper materials like wool, silk or cashmere. Will try to invest a bit this time instead of just buying something cheap that gets ruined quickly. Hopefully I can find what I want in the outlet here.

In the Parisian chic book I also found lots of good ideas for what to do next time I am in Paris, so many nice places and shops that I have still yet to visit! Makes me happy to think about :)

Here are some nice shops


Serendipity
Smallable
Looking forward to being back in Europe and having the opportunity to take a little weekendbreak in London or Paris! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment