Monday 18 June 2012

Contrasts

I think what most amazes me about this contry is the big contrasts, rich and poor, polished and shabby, fake and genuine. I feel homesick today, and longing for something fresh and natural - rain, mountains, nature, wild gardens, my friends and family back home. 

Shiny happy people?
We are here going through the motions, living the good life in many ways, and I am grateful, there are so many places that I am glad I didn´t have to go to because of my husbands work. Sometimes the melancoly just sets in and I wish I was somewhere else.
It goes up and down, round and round
We went to the beach in the weekend, it was great, so different from the city, it felt like we were travelling somewhere in asia or latin-america :) So one really good thing about being here is that you can experience different worlds in short distances, and we can choose what we want to be a part of.

Escape to a different world
I do appreciate the contrasts as it makes me reflect on my attitudes and values, I have become a lot more interested in economics and are trying to learn more about the political system here. 


Different from home

This is of course the beauty of travelling and living abroad, you are out of your own element and have to make sense of the world around you in a new way - you don´t know the codes and you see things as a mix of from the outside and from the inside. It is liberating in one way and frustrating in another!  

It is what it is

:)


Cool house!




No comments:

Post a Comment