Monday 14 November 2011

Footprints


Looks like I started making gingerbread right? But no, last night my dad called, he had a request for a Christmas present, so today I just had to get to it! Back home at my parents place they have some stuff that us kids made in the kindergarden when we were small, it is handprints in cement, so now he wanted that of his grandchild as well :)
So what I did was make a dough of 2 cups of flour, 1 cup of salt and 1 cup of water and a little oil. This makes something called 'Trolldeig' in Norwegian, it was very popular in the 80's! We used to make all kinds of little figures out of this dough and they last 'forever'.

So I wanted to make hand and foot print of our little daughter, she is 6 weeks now and want to capture how small she is! The hand print did not really work out as her little hand just didn't want to be outstretched, so I ended up with both her tiny feet instead, and think it worked out quite well!

I had to use the rest of the dough for something as well so thought I'd make decorations that can be used for the Christmas tree - will decorate with white paint and hang them in nice string. I used some food coloring to get the right ginger bread colour.

I also made some prints with purple paint on paper to use in the book that I keep to remember all the things for the first year of her life. So - have been a bit creative today! Thanks to a relative good nights sleep - they don't come so often at the moment ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment