Tuesday 31 January 2012

Will get organized!

Inspired of these articles below and my increasing restlessness as a stay-at-home-mum I will start filling my days more strategically.

I started of my maternity leave with a long list of things I wanted to get done but have not managed to do as much as I wanted, and it is not because I don't get enough sleep or the baby is difficult, it is just laziness I am afraid.. she sleeps easily a large part of the day, my husband does more than his share of the housework and takes care of her when he is home. I don't go to the gym (except those 2 times) I don't have an excessive social life so basically I have enough time on my hands to get a lot of things accomplished!

I did put up my larger goals earlier, and I think I will manage them, but I need to get into the mode of studying again if I am going to do an MBA in my year off. I wanted to do more general self-education so I got a book about Sociology, just looked briefly in it until now. However today - I put it into my calendar, at 10 o'clock I sat down and read and took notes for 1,5 hours! Felt good.  The funny thing is that of course it was not hard at all.

I tend to spend too much time online wasting my time basically, I need to manage my time better. I have been getting frustrated and have had too much time to worry about silly stuff that doesn't really matter. So I need to fill my days and my mind with interesting stuff! Looking back to when I was working full time I don't remember having time to worry so much, I just got on with things and did what needs to be done.

This one is in Norwegian: "The magic 15 minutes"

And this one is about a way of managing your time, an alternative/addition to the To-Do lists, basically if you want to get things done you have to committ to them and put them in your calendar with how long time you need to complete them.

So basically my message to myself "Dear Diary" is to stop procrastination and get busy!

Image by Gunnlaug Moen









No comments:

Post a Comment